What is a headache?
How is headache classified?
The main objective was to have different types of headaches classified to allow doctors and other medical care practitioners to make a specific diagnosis so that the correct course of treatment could be recommended.
• Secondary headache
- Headaches due to stress: These are the most common and can be caused by stress,
- lack of sleep, dehydration, depression, too much alcohol or meals. Tension headaches
- feel like a dull wrench with constant pressure around the front, top sides of the head.
- Migraine: Migraine is frequent with your daily life.
- They feel like palpitations or pain on either side of the head or sometimes on only one side of the head. Migraines can be treated with certain types of treatment.
- Cluster headaches: Cluster headaches cause severe pain around one eye and can be unbearably painful. They are not very common and are called as such because when they appear, they appear in groups for a month or two at a time and they are usually around the same time each year.
- Most anti-medications are not usually effective against this type but there are some
- prescription medications that can help manage pain.
It can also come as a side effect of taking too much alcohol or taking a particular drug.